Chestnut Avenue, Carcroft Doncaster, DN6 8AG
Telephone: 01302 723510 / 01302 723406
Sorry, we're closed
See our other Locations
Princess Street, Woodlands Doncaster, DN6 7LX | Telephone: 01302 723406 / 01302 723510
From the 15th May 2023 the department of Health and Social Care are implementing a recovery plan for access to primary care for GP Practices. This will mean the way we offer appointments for GPs will change, Nurse and HCA appointments will remain the same.
The Department of Health and Social care’s recovery plan states that GP Practices have to have an appropriate response to patients from first contact with the practice and we are unable to request they contact the surgery at 8am the next day. The Practice is also required to have routine GP appointments available within 2 weeks’ time. (Except nurses)
1. All appointments must be care navigated appropriately, for example if a patient has a new onset of back pain or shoulder pain etc they MUST BE offered a Physiotherapy appointment not a GP appointment.
2. GP’s morning clinics will now be all same day appointments, these will all be embargoed so these will not become available to book into them until 8am on the day.
3. GP’s afternoon clinics will now be pre-bookable appointments, however, these will all be embargoed and will be available to be booked into 2 weeks prior to the appointment date.
4. GP and registrars will continue to have appointments that they are able to book patients into, however, these will all be embargoed and will be available to be booked into 2 weeks prior to the appointment date.
5. Patients will have a GP face to face appointment in the afternoon clinic that they are able to book online, these will also be embargoed for 2 weeks. The Practice will not use these slots as these are for booking online only, however, if these are not used on the day then the practice can book patients into them.
6. On Call Appointments will continue to be used for on the day medical emergencies please note our care navigation team will refer to the Practice Reception Triage Protocol to offer these appointments
7. When all our appointments have been filled for that day, we will need to inform the patient that the practice has now reached full capacity. The patient will be directed to 111 or Same Day Health Centre. If a patient contacts 111 before the practice and is advised they need to see a GP before the end of the day and we have reach full capacity, A&E will be advised.
ONLINE PATIENT TRAIGE
Patient triage allows you to submit your query directly to the practice online. You can request information such as fit note and non urgent appointments. our team will ensure your query is directed to the most appropriate person to help you. to contact us in this way, please click the link here Florey (accurx.com)
If you cannot keep your appointment for whatever reason, please ring and leave a message via our automated cancellation line or use the NHS App. You can also cancel your appointment if you have received a mobile appointment confirmation text. Failure to cancel your appointment may result in your removal from this practice. We lose approximately over 200 appointments every month because people fail to keep their appointments and do not inform us in advance.